Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Internet Increases Interconnectiveness- Leading to Increased Travel!

As mentioned many times throughout many blogs, the Internet has allowed many businesses to exist online.  One sector that has adopted e-Business on a large scale is the tourism industry.  Any companies that sell plane tickets, tickets to events, provide information for certain places etc. have been able to find a niche on the Internet.  E-Businesses within this sector are able to reach more people, possibly increasing overall sales and improving profit margins.
The Internet has allowed dissemination of information to reach millions of people, helping to improve inter-connectiveness.  Connecting people all around the world, by allowing people to access information and products from all around the world is driving globalization.
Finding new information about far off places, sends the imagination into overdrive.  I know for me, when I find out about a new far off place on the Internet where I can see something fascinating, I can’t stop thinking about that place. For example when I found out that I could see a MOLA MOLA in waters off the coast of Bali, I decided that I must travel there.  The picture below is a Mola Mola aka Oceanic Sunfish.

 
Without the Internet I would not have known about this awesome fish, I wouldn’t have travelled to the Bali with the hopes to see this majestic fish.  For your own information I didn’t actually see this fish, the people ahead of me did, not me this time, but I will be back to find that fish in the magical blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment